Designation/Position- Scientist positions
CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India invites applications are for Scientist positions from enthusiastic, young Indian researchers having excellent academic record and a high degree of motivation and desire to carry out translational research in the given areas.
About- CSIR-Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology (IGIB), Delhi is a premier Institute under
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), engaged in research of national
importance in the areas of Genomics, Molecular Medicine, Respiratory and Skin diseases,
Neurobiology, Bioinformatics and Chemical & Systems Biology.
Applications are invited for Scientist positions from enthusiastic, young Indian researchers
having excellent academic record and a high degree of motivation and desire to carry out
translational research in the given areas.
Location- CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India
Research/Job Area- Life Science, biological or chemical sciences and relevant field
- The applicant must be a citizen of India. Scientist positions
- All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions,
stipulated in the advertisement as on the last date of receipt of the online applications.
- The application should be accompanied by self attested copies of the relevant educational
qualifications, experience. The prescribed qualifications should have been obtained through
recognized Universities/Institutions etc. Incomplete applications/ applications received or not accompanied with the required certificates/ documents are liable to be rejected.
- In respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a
particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of advertisement, then the candidate is required to produce order/letter in this regard, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated otherwise the Application is liable to be rejected.
- The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages,
visiting/guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidate for interview.
- If any document/certificate furnished is in a language other than Hindi or English, a transcript of the same duly attested by a Gazetted officer or notary is to be submitted.
- The date for determining the upper age limit, qualifications and/or experience shall be
as on the last date of receipt of the online applications.
- The period of experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be
counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed educational qualifications
prescribed for that Grade.
- Persons with disabilities (PWD) fulfilling the eligibility conditions prescribed under GOI
instructions are encouraged to apply.
- In case a candidate is staying abroad, his/her candidature may be considered in absentia by
the Selection Committee on his/her written request.
- The Selection Committee may choose to place the candidate in any of the Grade Pay within
the Pay Band depending upon the performance of the candidate and subject to meeting the
minimum eligibility criterion specified.
- Only outstation candidates called and found eligible for interview will be paid to and fro single second class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Delhi Railway Station on production of Rail Tickets/Rail Ticket Numbers or any other proof of journey.
- Any discrepancy found between the information given in application and as evident in
original documents will make the candidate ineligible for appearing in interview. Such
candidate will not be paid any fare.
- The decision of the IGIB/CSIR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of
applications, mode of selection, and conduct of examination/interview will be final and binding on the candidates.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be entertained. Incomplete/applications
will be summarily rejected.
- Mere fulfilment of essential educational qualifications and/or experience does not entitle a
candidate to be called for interview. The Institute will decide its own criteria to short-list the
- Application submitted from India (not applicable for candidates who are presently residing
abroad) should be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs.100.00 (Rupees One hundred only)
drawn in favour of Director, Institute of Genomics & Integrative Biology, payable at Delhi
(Applicant should write his/her name and date of birth at the back of the DD). SC/ST/PH
candidates and regular employees of CSIR are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Period of experience in a discipline/area of work shall be counted from the date of acquiring
of minimum prescribed educational qualification.
- The positions carry usual allowances as admissible to Central Govt. employees in the same
pay scale and posted at Delhi.
- The number of vacancies indicated is provisional and may vary at the time of selection.
- The decision of Director, IGIB in all matters relating to selection shall be final and binding on
the candidates. Interim enquiries will not be entertained.
How to Apply-
- Eligible candidates for Scientist positions are required to apply ONLINE through website.
- Online Application will be available on our website upto 23/07/2018, 23:59 HRS.
- Candidates are required to arrange for a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.100/ drawn on
any nationalized bank and valid for at least 3 months in favour of “Director, IGIB”
payable at New Delhi
- The following details must be filled up on back side of Demand Draft (i) Candidate’s Name, (ii) Candidate’s Category, (iii) Post Code Applied For.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Women/CSIR Employees/Abroad Candidates
category are exempted from submission of application fee.
- In case of universities/institute awarding CGPA/SGPA/OGPA grades etc., candidates are
requested to convert the same into percentage based on the formula as per their
- Successful online application is indicated by the page displayed after clicking Submit
Button indicating the generated “APPLICATION NUMBER”. Please note down the same
carefully and preserve it. If you do not preserve it, you will not be able to Re-print.
- This computer generated application (Print-out) duly accompanied by attested copies of
the certificates, mark sheets, testimonials in support of age, education qualifications,
experience, re-prints of publications and caste certificate, if applicable along with one
recent passport size self-signed photograph affixed together with Demand Draft (if
applicable) should be sent in an envelope super scribed “APPLICATION FOR THE POST
OF ____________ (Post Code ________)” by post to the address:- (The Administrative
Officer, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, University Campus, Mall
Road, Delhi-110007) so as to reach on or before 08/08/2018 by 5:00 PM.
- Candidates applying for more than one post must submit separate application form for each post indicating the Code No. of the post. The hard copy(s) of each application must be
accompanied by separate Demand Draft(s).
- Application for Scientist positions once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and fees once paid will not be refunded on any count nor can it be held in reserve for any other recruitment or selection
- Applications from employees of Government Departments will be considered only if
forwarded through proper channel, certified by the employer that the applicant, if selected
will be relieved within one month of the receipt of the appointment orders. Also, vigilance
clearance should also be recorded. However, advance copy of the application may be
submitted before the closing date. Applications routed through proper channel should
reach CSIR-IGIB at the earliest.
Last Date for Apply– 23 July 2018