Senior and Intermediate Fellowships by Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
Designation/Position- Senior and Intermediate Fellowships
Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites application for Senior and Intermediate Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for its Senior and Intermediate Fellowships in basic biomedical research. These Fellowships are available across the full spectrum of biomedical research from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research*. Interdisciplinary projects are also welcome. Senior and Intermediate Fellowships
Research/Job Area- Any discipline of science
Location- Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
- This competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4–15 years of post-PhD research experience; applicant can have a PhD in any discipline of science.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme based on their qualification, research experience, track record, and aspirations. They may refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandates of the schemes. The Office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme.
- There are no age or nationality restrictions. The applicant need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate to and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
The 5-year Fellowship provides
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaborations
How to Apply-
The following are essential for the application.
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- At least one letter of recommendation
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the complete duration of the award
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award. If invited to make a full application, an official support letter from the Sponsor would be mandatory.
Application forms will be available (25 July 2019, 9 AM IST) on the India Alliance online application System (IASys).
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 22 August 2019, 2 PM IST