Senior & Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship in FWO, Belgium
Designation/Position- Senior & Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship
FWO, Belgium invites application for Senior & Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- The postdoctoral fellowships are intended to support researchers who have only recently completed their PhD, in developing an independent, international research career. For the funding of a limited number of fellowships, the FWO collaborates with VITO. Senior & Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- FWO, Belgium
- You hold a PhD by thesis or a degree or a diploma or certificate recognised as equivalent in accordance with European Union directives or a bilateral agreement
- You can apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if your PhD degree, with as reference point the date mentioned on the PhD degree, was awarded minimum three years and maximum six years before the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences.
- You have not previously received a similar fellowship (not even in part).
- You can apply maximum two times for the same fellowship.
- You can always apply for a senior postdoctoral fellowship if you have previously enjoyed a junior postdoctoral fellowship. In that case, the senior postdoctoral fellowship must immediately follow the junior postdoctoral fellowship.
- You can also apply if you have not had a postdoctoral fellowship from the FWO before. In that case, you must prove that you have a postdoctoral research experience of minimum 2 years on the first of October of the year in which the fellowship commences. (declaration by the Flemish host intiution)
- Period: 3 years
- Salary scale: minimum € 4.134,97 – maximum € 6.446,01
- Announcement of results: June 2020
- Start of fellowship: October 1, 2020 or November 1, 2020 (at the choice of the candidate)
How to Apply-
- You contact a supervisor affiliated to a Flemish university or research institute (eligible list: see regulations)
- The supervisor is asked by the FWO to write a letter of recommendation.
- You complete your application online
- The applications are submitted to the FWO Expertpanels.
- Medium April , after the preselection, you can be invited for a second round with interview. Given the Easter period in between preselections and interviews, candidates will be notified c.q. invited in two batches, on April 8 and April 15 2019. All candidates with interview before May 18 will be invited on April 8.
- If you are selected for the second round, you’ll be interviewed by the panel in the month May or June (overview dates panel meeting)
- The Expert panels report to the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees decides on the appointment
- You will receive feedback on the evaluation after the decision.
- The evaluation and selection procedures will be explained during infosessions and through a Powerpoint presentation (online early October 2018)
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 2 December 2019
Call opens 23 September 2019 (Deadline: 2 December 2019 at 17h)