Designation/Position- Senior Postdoctoral Fellows
Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel invites application for Senior Postdoctoral Fellows position from eligible and interested candidates
About- The senior postdoctoral fellowship is an excellence-based career development program to prepare outstanding fellows for independent research leader positions. Full details on this program are available on the FGS website.
Postdoctoral fellows currently at the Weizmann Institute may apply to transfer to senior postdoctoral fellowship status after 2-3 years of regular postdoctoral training.
Research/Job Area- Working Area offered by university
Location- Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Eligibility/Qualification–PhD in relevant area.
Job/Position Description- The senior postdoctoral fellowship period is restricted to three years at the most, and the entire postdoctoral training period at Weizmann (regular + senior postdoc periods) is limited to five years. Hence please note that fellows that transfer to senior postdoctoral fellow status after more than two years of regular postdoctoral training at Weizmann may stay as senior postdoctoral fellows until the five-year overall training limit is reached, and not longer. The training period for fellows that do not apply for senior postdoc status is limited to four years at the most.
- Candidates who were not successful in the previous round may re-apply only once, and only after discussing their application with the Chair of the postdoctoral training program. Please consider the appropriate deadline for re-application very carefully, since candidates whose application are not approve for second time will not be allowed to re-apply in future deadlines.
- FGS Ph.D. graduates may apply for Senior postdoctoral training only if they have completed at least two years of postdoctoral training at another academic institution
How to Apply- Please follow the instructions under “How to apply through the FGS online system” at the top of this page.
- Endorsement by the postdoctoral mentor and confirmation that funding will be available to cover the increased fellowship and travel allowance.
- An updated short curriculum vitae and list of main publications (2 pages maximum).
- A research plan of 2-3 pages, including details of publications in preparation or in submission.
- A career development plan (1 page) describing the candidate’s career plans beyond the senior postdoc training period and how he/she intends to achieve these goals. Please note that the career development plan is not an extra page to describe the candidate’s science, rather it should describe the practical steps the candidate intends to take towards an independent career in science.
- Up to four letters of recommendation from senior academics who can attest to the candidate’s potential to advance to an independent research leader position. At least two letters must be from individual who had not worked directly with the candidate, preferably from other institutions (not the host institution for PhD or postdoc).
- Applicants who were not successful in a previous round and were given permission to re-apply should attach a one page document detailing the changes in the application.
The applications will be reviewed by a committee headed by the Chair of the Postdoctoral Training Program. The review process may include a personal interview.
Last Date for Apply– Every year there are two deadlines for applications for a Senior Postdoctoral Fellow positions:
The next deadline is November 28, 2018.