Designation/Position- Materials and Corrosion Engineer
Shell Bangalore Labs, India invites application for Materials and Corrosion Engineer position from eligible and interested candidates
About- Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Research/Job Area- Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical and Chemical Engineering
Location- Shell Bangalore Labs, India
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering. Bachelors or masters degree in science [especially in Chemistry], or a lower degree in engineering education may be considered provided that this is supplemented with relevant experience and willingness to further develop.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a materials compatibility testing, mechanical testing and corrosion laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated skilled proficiency of standard testing methodologies (NACE, ASTM, API), with a particular emphasis on sour condition testing (such as NACE TM0177)
- Experience with laboratory testing and handling of chemicals
- Experience with handling of metallic materials and electrochemistry is preferred
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects and job duties
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Experiences in establishing laboratory, setting up test equipment’s in a multinational company’s laboratory environment is preferred
Important soft skills include: Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to listen well, ability to adapt quickly in a cross-cultural environment, good organizational skills, self-motivated to learn, successful experience working as part of a team being comfortable with change and being able to respond rapidly to it. Results oriented. Customer focused. Excellent team player – collaboration with various teams in-house and across various Shell locations is expected.
This position is an exciting opportunity to play a vital role in a technology field that is of key importance for the current and future of Shell’s business. In the selection process, personal characteristics of curiosity, eagerness to learn and delivery mindset will be important considerations.
Knowledge: Metallurgy, Corrosion, Materials Selection and Specification
Knowledge: Project management, Execution and Deployment
Knowledge: Business Context, Technology Strategies, Commercial mindset
Skill: Materials Compatibility Testing, Corrosion Testing, Mechanical testing and laboratory environment
Mastery: Standard testing methodologies according to NACE, ASTM, API, ISO etc.
Job/Position Description- This Materials & Corrosion Research Engineer position is a laboratory oriented role to test the corrosion, mechanical and physical properties of materials which are of interest to Shell. This position requires assisting in designing, building, and conducting laboratory tests of materials in a wide variety of chemical environments, including those at high temperature and/or high pressure (some involving hydrogen sulfide), and providing contributions to failure analyses.
The Materials and Corrosion Research Engineer is expected to:
• Provide contributions to the design and development of testing procedures, including those for simulating high-temperature, high-pressure environments, particularly in sour (hydrogen-sulfide) media
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidates can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– 08 November 2018