Designation/Position- Researcher, Analytical Chemistry
Shell Technology Centre – Bangalore, India invites application in Researcher, Analytical Chemistry position from candidates having MS or PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields.
About- Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Location- Shell Technology Centre – Bangalore, India
Research/Job Area- Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields
Eligibility/Qualification- Position requires managing demands from a range of customers with a high degree of urgency.
An MS or PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related fields
- Strong interest and experience working with instrumentation and having associated electrical, plumbing and mechanical skills.
- Effective knowledge of gas chromatography including choice of columns, detectors and other associated hardware and the ability to design and validate Analytical measurements with this equipment.
- Knowledge of multi-port valves and capillary flow technology for building or specifying customized, multi-dimensional GC Applications
- Strong computer skills and the ability to design custom solutions for chromatographic data including simulated distillation, detailed hydrocarbon analysis and/or advanced reporting functions in EZChrom or related software.
- Understanding the proper sampling of gases and compressed gas liquids in static and piston cylinders. This includes factors such as safe handling, materials choice, accurate analysis and related sample integrity issues.
- Experience supporting at- or on-line GC analyses and working in lab areas adjacent to process.
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem solving skills related to mechanical systems and Analytical Chemistry.Competence Level
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviours will be taken into account during the selection process.Stakeholder Communication – Skill
Project Management – Skill
GC hardware and software – Skill
Ability to manage multiple deliverables with varying priority – Skill
Knowledge of computer-based chromatography data acquisition systems – Knowledge
GC Method devlelopment – Skill
Job/Position Description- Work as part of the Analytical team in STCB designing and supporting a broad range of on-line and at-line systems
associated with local pilot plants; provide Analytical support and consulting to R&D programs.
This specific accountabilities for this position are:
– Work with Shell process and catalyst development researchers to understand business needs for on-line GC hardware and applications.
– Work with Shell and vendor staff to design, build, and install required hardware.
– Develop and implement associated analytical methods required to meet project needs.
– Manage projects to meet customer budgets and time constraints.
– Provide timely and effective support to existing installed base on on-line, at-line and lab systems.
Help manage safety within own team and the department.
– Day-to-day supervision of one or more laboratory technicians, including task planning and skill development.
How to Apply- Eligible and interested candidate can apply online.
Last Date for Apply– Till position filled