Designation/Position- Post-doctoral short-term research visits
The LOEWE Centre DRUID invites Post-doctoral short-term research visits from eligible and interested candudates.
About- In the LOEWE Center DRUID, the leading medical universities of Hessen along with the Paul Ehrlich Institute in Langen and the University of Applied Sciences of Central Hessen are addressing urgent questions on identifying and characterizing potential target molecules in order to develop drugs, vaccines, and diagnostic tools against poverty-associated and neglected infectious diseases. More than 30 scientists in 25 interdisciplinary research projects have come together in order synergize the capacities and expertise of Hessen in this field.
The LOEWE Centre DRUID (Novel Drug Targets against Poverty-Related and Neglected Tropical Infectious Diseases) in partnership with the African Research Network for Neglected Tropical Diseases (ARNTD), is offering seven short-term visiting research fellowships at selected member-institutions of the DRUID consortium in Hessen, Germany. We welcome applications from highly qualified and motivated post-doctoral African scientists with a strong research focus on neglected tropical infectious diseases (NTDs) and other poverty-associated diseases.
Location- LOEWE Centre DRUID, Germany
- Candidates must hold a doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, DrPH, DSc) and must provide evidence
of a strong theoretical and methodological background;
- Must be currently engaged as a post-doc or equivalent by an academic, health, or
research institution in Africa for the duration of the grant;
- Must demonstrate having a commitment to NTD-related research as well as the skills and
experience required to carry out the proposed work at the German host institution.
- Must have excellent oral and writing skills in English.
Objectives of the DRUID-ARNTD collaboration
- To increase African involvement and visibility in cutting-edge NTD drug-discovery research, including through direct engagement with DRUID;
- To contribute to improving the research capacity of an existing cadre of African NTD researchers and strengthening African research institutions in the process by supporting research on NTDs and poverty-related diseases;
- To improve German-African communication and collaboration among researchers.
The DRUID Centre will support successful applicants financially in the form of short-term
fellowships covering the proposed work, travel costs, insurance, and the recipients’ cost of
living for the duration of the fellowship in Hessen, Germany
Funding period: approx. 3 months in 2018 or 2019
How to Apply- To apply, click here. Please feel free to also visit the DRUID or ARNTD websites detailed below.
Interested applicants will be expected to submit a 1-2-page motivation letter, detailed CV, list of publications, summary of methodological expertise, and present research/description of research environment. The LOEWE Centre DRUID and ARNTD actively support women in scientific research and strongly encourage women to apply for the fellowships. Applications must be related to the research focus of one or two out of the seven research areas of the hosting institutions of the DRUID consortium (see list).
For Contact- For more information about the DRUID Centre please visit www.loewe-druid.de and for further information on the ARNTD please visit www.arntd.org
Last Date for Apply– 01 August 2018