Singapore Scholarship for International students 2020 : A*STAR Fellowship
Designation/Position- Singapore Scholarship for International students 2020
Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) invites application for Singapore Scholarship for International students 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- Expand your research experience, deepen your knowledge and form global connections that will advance your scientific career with the A*STAR International Fellowship. This scholarship fully funds your post-doctoral training at leading overseas laboratories. With this international exposure, you can connect with the global research community and build international networks. Upon completion your post-doctorate training, you will be embarking on an exciting career at an A*STAR research institute.
Research/Job Area- Science, Technology
- Be Singaporeans and other nationals may apply but non-Singaporeans are required to have obtained Singapore citizenship prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
- Have completed a PhD within the last 4 years.
- Possess excellent publication records.
- Not have existing bonds to any institution.
- Have applied or be applying for a relevant post-doctoral position at a top overseas university/laboratory.
- Applicants in the final stages of their PhD may apply for the AIF. However, their AIF award is confirmed only upon conferment of their PhD degree.
Successful applicants will be given the following support* for up to 2 years of overseas post-doctoral research training:
- Monthly overseas living allowance
- Monthly sustenance allowance, inclusive of CPF contribution (where applicable)
- Annual return airfare
- Other allowances including
- Settling-in allowance
- Computer allowance
- Book allowance
- Conference allowance
- Annual personal insurance
Upon completion of the post-doctoral research training , scholars will return to Singapore and contribute A*STAR’s Research Institute for three (3) years.
How to Apply-
As AIF awardees are required to serve in an A*STAR Research Institute after their post-doctoral training, AIF applicants should identify the relevant Research Institute in which they will work during their service commitment period, and engage the Research Institute Executive Director and prospective supervisor prior to their AIF application.
This is to ensure better alignment of AIF applicants’ research interest and post-doctoral training to the Research Institute’s needs and goals.
For Contact- [email protected]