Study in Italy – 76 PhD Fellowships at the Scuola Normale Superiore
Designation/Position- Study in Italy – 76 PhD Fellowships
Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy invites application for Study in Italy – 76 PhD Fellowships from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Scuola Normale aims to identify and cultivate the talent and qualities of its students, guaranteeing an education aimed at developing individual potential and abilities, in a context of coexistence, dialogue and collaboration. Dozens of young people are selected each year, through competition, on the sole basis of their talent and their potential. They are housed in colleges and they live and work together: with them, every year the Normale chooses its future, and every day nurtures the latter with an investment that has no equal in Italy or Europe
|Italian studies and modern philology||6 places|
|Art History||5 places|
|Computational methods and mathematical models for sciences and finance||7 places|
|Methods and models for molecular sciences||4 places|
|Nanosciences||5 places, 1 of which in collaboration with the Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1 (UCBL)*|
|Astrochemistry (joint course with the Università degli studi di Napoli Federico II)||4 places|
Location- Scuola Normale Superiore, Italy
All doctoral programmes are open to Italian citizens and to foreign students.
All students admitted to doctoral programmes receive scholarships, which include tuition fees and a grant for board and accommodation. The scholarship is guaranteed to students who maintain a high academic level and make significant progress in their thesis work.
All students will be entitled to additional funding for their research activity, even abroad.
For each postgraduate course, a place is reserved for candidates who have obtained a valid qualification, for access to the competition, in foreign universities.
The following candidates, regardless of their citizenship, can apply:
- those who have obtained a master’s degree in Italy or an equivalent qualification in a non-Italian university by October 31, 2020;
- those who were born after October 31, 1988.
Admission to doctoral programmes will be based on academic assessment of candidates and on interviews.
- The Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS) announces a call for the academic year 2020-2021, based on qualifications and exams, for a total of 76 places for Ph.D. courses.
- The scholarship is paid in twelve deferred monthly instalments of the same amount; the payment is in any case subject to the fulfilment of the student’s study obligations.
- For the academic year 2020-2021 the scholarship amounts to € 17,000.00 inclusive of a lodging allowance.
- Students are also entitled to free board at the SNS facilities or affiliated facilities, for the entire duration of the course with the exclusion of academic vacation periods.
How to Apply- Successful candidates must submit to the SNS, by the given deadline, the following documentation:
- a) a declaration of acceptance of the regulations of the Statute and of the regulations of the SNS, with exemption from any responsibility of the SNS for the consequences deriving from their non-compliance;
- b) a digital passport-size photo;
- c) certification regarding the details declared in the application, in cases specified by Italian legislation.
Successful candidates must also provide an email address which can be used by the SNS for activities dedicated to students at the end of their academic career.
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 27 February 2020
Submission of the applications:
- Spring session: 11:59 pm (CET) of Thursday, February 27, 2020;
- Autumn session: 11:59 pm (CEST) of Thursday, 27 August, 2020.
Evaluation of qualifications:
- Spring session: by Friday, March 13, 2020;
- Autumn session: by Monday, September 14, 2020.
- Spring session: from Monday, March 23, 2020 to Thursday, April 23, 2020;
- Autumn session: from Monday, September 21, 2020 to Wednesday, September 30, 2020.