Designation/Position- PhD Fellowships
The Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Switzerland invites 450 PhD fellowship application for PhD degree.
- The Faculty of Biology and Medicine offers excellent opportunities for research.
- Its PhD program involves over 410 doctoral students
- The University of Lausanne is the center of numerous academic and social activites
- Lausanne has become the administrative capital of sport thanks to the presence of the IOC, the Olympic Museum and numerous International Sports Federations and organisations that have established their headquarters in the Vaudois capital.
- The region also has a tradition of excellence in the field of training and research in the shape of IDHEAP, ISSEP, AISTS and ASMS.
The Doctoral School of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine offers various specialized study programs in Life Sciences and Medicine. The Doctoral School manages doctoral studies in basic and clinical sciences.
The Doctoral School has the responsibility for the 3rd cycle training (Doctorate), field for which doctors and biologists collaborate together. Many thesis in Life Sciences and Neurosciences are carried out in medical research laboratories. Research in clinical sciences profits from the expertise and technical platforms developed through basic sciences.
The doctoral studies benefit from domains of excellence and many of it departments offer a large range of doctoral positions.
Location- The Faculty of Biology and Medicine, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Research/Job Area- Angiology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance, Center for Integrative Genomics, Clinical Neurosciences, Computational Biology, Ecology and Evolution, Fundamental Microbiology, Fundamental Neurosciences, Fundamental Oncology, Gynecology, obstetrics and genetics, Hematology, Infectious Diseases, Ludwig Center For Cancer Research, Medical Genetics, Microbiology, Neuroimmunology, Neurology, Oncology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology, Plant Molecular Biology, Pneumology, Psychiatry, Psychiatric Neuroscience, Public Health, Radiodiagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Rhumatology, Urology
Number of PhD students enrolled in the Life Science Program- 450
Eligibility/Qualification- Applicants should have graduate degree in relevant subjects.
Job/Position Description- The FBM offers a broad choice of possibilities in different fields in the context of the outstanding scientific environment of Lausanne.
- You have first to choose at least one laboratory (three max.), see below,
- Contact thesis directors of interest and if they appreciate your CV, ask them to send you a confirmation by email that he/she agrees to act as your potential thesis director,
- You should mention his/her name in your application form (see STEP 2 to continue your application).
How to Apply-
STEP 1: Find a host lab
- You have first to choose at least one laboratory (three max.), please browse “Host Labs“,
- Contact thesis directors of interest from the Lausanne University and if they appreciate your CV, ask them to send you a confirmation by email that he/she agrees to act as your potential thesis director,
- You should mention his/her name in your application form (see STEP 2).
STEP 2: Fill in the PDF application form
- Download the Application Form on your desktop and fill in it: It must be fully completed! Please note that it is possible to fill out the form directly on the PDF. If you cannot write anything, please look at the top of the internet page and click on “open with another PDF viewer”. Alternatively, you could also print the form, fill it out by hand (make sure it is readable) and scan it.
STEP 3: Prepare your file
Prepare the following documents:
- A complete Curriculum Vitae
- 1 passport size photographC.Copy of your passport or identity card
- Copies of your high school diplomaE.A certified copy of the university diploma(s) and the diploma supplement, your scores (transcripts) obtained through exams passed at the university (non-certified copies are sufficient for candidates holding a Bachelor and a Master degree awarded by a Swiss university).
D or E : Copies of certified transcripts, listing courses and grades: These transcripts should be translated (if not originally in English) in French, German, Italian or English.
F. We require three referees from preferably different departments and/or institutes/research groups. Each of them should provide a letter of recommendation. On the “On-line Form” you have to fill in the three names of the referees you have chosen. As soon as you write their e-mail address, an e-mail with a form will automatically be sent to them. They will then fill it in and send it back directly to us. The recommendation letter should not come from the hosting lab.
- The copy(ies) of the confirmation e-mail(s)sent by the potential(s) thesis director(s)
(see STEP 1).
STEP 4: You are now ready to fill in the “On-line Form”!
- Merge in a PDF file the following documents in this order: Application form, A, B, C, D, E and G. Name of the fileName_First Name_Birth Date.pdf (e.g. Bond_James_1953.pdf) Max: 20 Mo (you can zip the document).
- Advice: To merge PDF documents together, you can use this on-line platform, the Adobe Acrobat XI Pro software or any other software or platform you may find useful. Also, to transform jpeg documents in PDF, you can use this on-line platform, a PDF printer or any other method you may find useful. Please note that we will NOT take responsibility for the use/misuse of any of these softwares and platforms.
- Fill-in the “On-line Form” and submit (on-line) the requested documents (in the format described in STEP 2 and 3)
Your application must be fully completed and signed to be taken into account and evaluated.
If your application meets the requirements, you will be informed by December 2018 and you will be invited for an interview that will take place at the end of January 2019 in Lausanne. More information will be sent to you at that time.
APPLICATIONS SENT BY E-MAIL, BY POST, INCOMPLETE OR AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED!
For Contact- [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 12 October 2018, midnight/Swiss time