TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand
Designation/Position- TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Thailand invites application for TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship from eligible and interested candidates
About- For young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) in Thailand.
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
Location- National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Thailand
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Thailand or any developed country.
- hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, biotechnology, proteomics, metabolomics, molecular Immunology, biochemistry, medical technology, cell culture technology, and bioprocess technology or related disciplines;
- meet the requirements of the 2 postdoctoral postions available at BIOTEC and its research units. For full details of the positions click HERE.
- apply for the fellowship within THREE years of having obtained a PhD degree in a fields of the natural sciences specified above.
- must not be more than 40 years old by the date of the submission of their application. NB. For instance, if an applicant turns 40 on 15 June, s/he should make sure not to submit the application later than 15 June.
- be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the BIOTEC Research Support Division (e-mail [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting BIOTEC, applicants must accompany their request for an Acceptance Letter with copy of: their CV, a research proposal outline, doctorate degree transcript, abstract of dissertation, a statement of intent and three recommendation letters. See sample preliminary acceptance letter that can be downloaded below or included in the application form.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if the medium of instruction was not English.
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
How to Apply-
- Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from the BIOTEC Research Support Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
- Applications for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme can ONLY be submitted via the online portal. A tutorial on how to use the online application form is available below for download.
- Please be advised that applicants may apply for only one program per calendar year in the TWAS and OWSD portfolio. Applicants will not be eligible to visit another institution in that year under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs. One exception: The head of an institution that invites an external scholar to share his/her expertise under the TWAS Visiting Professor programs may still apply for another program.
Applicants are encouraged to apply for the preliminary acceptance letter as early as possible, even before the opening date of the call. Keeping in mind that only Acceptance letters dated the same year as the year of application are eligible.
For Contact- [email protected]
• BIOTEC Research Support Division
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC)
113 Thailand Science Park,
Khlong Nueng, Khlong Luang
Pathumthani 12120 Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 564 6700 ext. 3154
Fax: (66-2) 564 6707
Email: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 31 August 2020