UC Doctoral Scholarship at University of Canterbury, New Zealand
Designation/Position- UC Doctoral Scholarship
University of Canterbury, New Zealand invites application for UC Doctoral Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- These scholarships support students for study towards a research doctoral degree at the University of Canterbury. Approximately 60 scholarships are available each year. Those applying for admission to a doctoral programme are asked whether they wish to be considered for the scholarship. Students who indicate that they wish to be considered are assessed for the scholarship upon gaining admission to a doctoral programme. No further application is necessary.
Research/Job Area- Various research area
Location- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Candidates must have been offered admission to a research doctoral programme at the University.
- They must have completed an appropriate qualification at a level judged to be equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree with first-class honours at UC (equivalent to a UC GPA of at least 7.0).
- Candidates must have been offered admission to a doctoral programme at the University of Canterbury.
- Candidates must have completed an appropriate qualification at a level judged to be equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree with first-class honours at the University of Canterbury (equivalent to a UC GPA of at least 7.0).
- Intending students who already hold a research doctoral degree4 are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students may not take up the scholarship until any non-academic requirements for the qualifying degree have been completed and credited. Offers of scholarships to candidates whose qualifying degree is the BE(Hons) from the University of Canterbury are conditional on the completion and crediting of ENGR 200 no later than 12 months after the formal offer of a place in a doctoral programme has been accepted.
Amount = $21,000 per annum and tuition fees at the domestic rate
Tenure = 3 years
Closing Dates = Always Open
|Number available annually||Approximately 60|
Candidates for a UC Doctoral Scholarship are automatically also considered for the following other scholarships:
– Brownlie Scholarship (all applicants)
– Canterbury Scholarship (all applicants)
– William and Ina Cartwright Scholarship (Education applicants)
– Roper Scholarship (Science applicants)
– Doctoral Graduate Women Canterbury (Inc.) Trust Board Scholarship (female applicants, in Arts, Education, Health, or Human Development, every three years)
– Canterbury Community Trust Doctoral Scholarship (every three years)
How to Apply-
You may apply through this webpage approximately 8 weeks before applications close. If it’s possible to apply on-line for this scholarship there will be a link above to the on-line system. If the link is not provided, please download and complete the application form.
However, if the scholarship is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear below and application instructions will be available through that link.
Last Date for Apply– Open Position