Visiting Scholar Program 2020 by Russell Sage Foundation, USA
Designation/Position- Visiting Scholar Program
Russell Sage Foundation, USA invites application for Visiting Scholar Program 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The Russell Sage Foundation annually awards about 17 residential fellowships to social scientists who are at least 3 years beyond the Ph.D. Visiting Scholar positions begin September 1st and ordinarily run through June 30th. On rare occasions, scholars visit for only half this period, starting either in September or in February. Visiting Scholar Program 2020
Research/Job Area- Economics, Finance, Psychology, Science, Social Sciences
Location- Russell Sage Foundation, USA
- All scholar applicants must have a Ph.D. or comparable terminal degree, or a career background that establishes their ability to conduct high-level, peer-reviewed scholarly research.
- Applicants must be at least 3 years beyond the Ph.D. Doctoral or other graduate students are not eligible to apply.
- Individuals are allowed a maximum of two visits to the Foundation as a Visiting Scholar—the second visit may not occur within 7 years of the first visit.
The following people may request more than 50% of their current academic salary (up to a maximum of $125,000) when their employer does not provide sabbaticals to employees in these categories and when funds from other sources are not available:
- Tenure track faculty within 7 years of having completed a PhD (excluding time off for parental leave);
- Scholars in non-tenure track research positions (excluding post-doctoral fellows);
- Researchers at non-profit organizations/government agencies.
Because of the high cost of living in New York City, RSF has established a minimum salary for scholars who are offered a fellowship. Under certain circumstances and conditional on the guidelines above, applicants earning less than $90,000 per year may receive a salary supplement from RSF that is in addition to RSF’s standard 50% contribution. The sum of the supplement and the scholar’s salary would total $90,000 for the fellowship period ($45,000 for one term visitors).
This residential fellowship requires significant Foundation resources and scholars are expected to fully engage in the intellectual life of RSF. For that reason, they are expected to be in their office at least 75 percent of the days that the Foundation is open.
How to Apply-
All applications undergo an initial internal screening for relevance to the Foundation’s priority areas and the strength of the application. Applications that are approved as part of the initial screen are sent out for external review by experts selected by the Foundation. The final selection decisions are made by a committee of the Russell Sage Board of Trustees.
Research group do not accept supplementary materials such as papers and recommendations.
- Consult our upcoming deadlines page to find the next application period
- Visit our online application portal, create an account, and complete the application form.
- Submit a short proposal through the portal describing the project to be undertaken while in residence at the Foundation (Note: No more than 5 pages, single spaced, with standard 11 or 12-point font and 1 inch margins—excluding up to 2 pages of references and figures/tables).
- Submit an up-to-date abbreviated CV (5 pages maximum) through the portal.
For Contact- [email protected]