Ph.D. Programme Under Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme in NIT – Uttarakhand
Designation/Position- Ph.D. Programme Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme
National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand, India invites application for Ph.D. Programme Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme from eligible and interested candidates
About- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand is an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Institute invites applications for the Ph. D. Programme in various Departments and under “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme” for Even Semester-2020.
Research/Job Area- CIVIL, CSE, ECE, EEE, MEC, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English
Location- National Institute of Technology, Uttarakhand, India
A Master’s degree in the concerned or an allied subject with a minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if class is not provided) and GATE / NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) in the concerned subject or discipline.
A Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 1st class (C.P.I or C.G.P.A. greater than 6.75 on a 10 point scale if class is not provided) with at least 55% marks at Master’s level and GATE / NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) in the concerned subject or discipline.
- GATE/NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) in the concerned subject or discipline is mandatory.
- However, relaxation from the requirement of GATE/NET will be given only for admission into part time Ph.D. Program, for candidates with two years of experience in reputed Academic/Industrial Organizations or Govt. funded Research Projects.
- However, fees structure, essential qualifications, other terms & conditions will be same as per Ordinances of the Institute.
Applications are invited for admission to Ph.D. Programme in Even Semester-2020.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for written test.
- There will be objective type questions as per GATE/NET syllabus.
- The candidate who secures at least 40% marks in the written test will be shortlisted for interview.
- Interview shall be conducted on the same day.
- The list of shortlisted candidates for written test will be uploaded on Institute’s website: www.nituk.ac.in.
- Candidates having NET-JRF (CSIR/UGC) can apply for full-time Ph.D. Program through this advertisement.
- The Candidates admitted under Institute fellowship in full-time Ph.D. programme will be awarded fellowship by the Institute as per Govt. of India norms.
- Part time Candidates will not be provided any fellowship from the Institute.
- Accommodation is available for the Ph.D. scholars in the hostel of the Institute subject to the availability.
How to Apply-
Candidate has to attach a demand draft of Rs.500/- as application fee (Non-Refundable) with the application form.
However, the candidates who applied for Ph.D admission in Odd Semester-2019 (Against Adv. No. 5/2019 dt.12.07.2019) and submitted DD of Rs. 500/- with that application form are not required to submit the DD against this advertisement.
Duly filled Application form alongwith DD of Rs.500/-, issued by any Nationalized bank,in favor of The Director, NIT Uttarakhand, payable at Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand, and all the documents mentioned below should reach to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIT Uttarakhand on or before 09 Dec 2019 by 05:00 PM.
The following documents (whichever applicable) arranged in the order given below should be enclosed alongwith the duly filled application:
- (i) Photocopy of High School (10th class) certificate.
- (ii) Photocopy of Under-Graduate degree certificate and mark sheet.
- (iii) Photocopy of Post-Graduate degree certificate and mark sheet.
- (iv) Photocopy of GATE score card or NET (CSIR/UGC/LS) qualifying certificate.
- (v) Photocopy of caste certificate (if applicable)
- (vi) Photocopy of EWS certificate (if applicable)
- (vii) Photocopy of PWD certificate (if applicable), the Certificate (In Central Govt. Format) should be issued by the authorized medical authority.
- (viii) Photocopy of the TC/Migration Certificate.
- (ix) If employed, No Objection Certificate (NOC) and other documents from the employer in support of your application.
- (x) Photocopy of all the publications (if any).
- (xi) Photocopy of teaching/research experience certificate (if any).
- (xii) Profile of the Organization/ Employer in case of SRS category candidate.
- (xiii) Photocopy of credentials including AICTE recognized short-term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications etc.
Last Date for Apply– 9 December 2019 by 5:00 PM