Women Scientist Scheme – B (WOS-B) in S&T domain by DST, India
Designation/Position- Women Scientist Scheme
Department of Science & Technology (DST), India invites application for Women Scientist Scheme from eligible and interested candidates
About- Department of Science & Technology (DST) has taken several pioneering initiatives for promoting women in Science and Technology (S&T) domain. Women Scientist Scheme (WOS) under KIRAN division specifically addresses challenges confronting women in realm of S&T who had a break in career by providing suitable opportunities to them to return to mainstream science.
- Agriculture, Food and Environmental Challenges (AFE)
- Strengthening Health Care and Nutrition (HN)
- Energy (ER)
- Water and Waste Management (WWM)
- Engineering and IT Solutions to Societal Issues (EIT)
- Harnessing Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Women having qualifications in science & technology areas and in the age group of 27-57 years with break in their career but interested in addressing a well-defined/identified societal challenge through viable S&T interventions are eligible to apply.
Women working as permanent employees are not eligible to apply in this scheme
- Under Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B), proposals are invited from women scientists and technologists who wish to utilize their scientific knowledge and temperament for the benefit of society.
- WOS-B focuses on projects leading to S&T based solutions of societal issues & challenges for social benefits.
- Such projects should deliver possible solutions by way of development of viable technology/technique and/or lab-to-land technology transfer, its adaptation and scaling up.
- The project is tenable for a maximum period of three (3) years. Basic research proposals will not be entertained under WOS-B.
The fellowship amount under the scheme is:
- Rs 55,000/- pm for Ph.D. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.30 lakh) + HRA and Overheads,
- Rs 40,000/- pm for M.Phil./MTech or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.25 lakh) + HRA and Overheads,
- Rs 31,000/- pm for M.Sc. or equivalent (total project cost not exceeding Rs.20 lakh) + HRA and Overheads.
Total project cost includes above fellowship of Principal Investigator (PI), consumables, travel, contingencies and minor equipments but excluding HRA and overheads.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Dashboard – Our group effort to keep COVID-19 data
How to Apply- Proposals are to be submitted online .
Those interested in submitting proposal have to register at this portal and submit the proposal online.
Send one hardcopy of submitted proposal to Mrs. Namita Gupta, Scientist-‘G’, KIRAN Division, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi 110016.
Superscribe envelope with ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B)’.
For Contact- For further inquiries regarding WOSB please send email to: [email protected]
Last Date for Apply– 30 April 2020