Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019 by DST, India
Designation/Position- Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019
Department of Science and Technology (DST), India invites application forYoung Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019 Position from eligible and interested candidates
About- To encourage young scientists and technologists towards providing technology based/led solutions for socio-economic challenges, Department of Science and Technology (DST) launched Scheme for Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) in the year 1991. Innovative technological ideas in the form of proposal from young passionate researchers are thus invited under following identified themes aimed at addressing socio-economic challenges of the nation. Young Scientists and Technologists (SYST) 2019 by DST, India
- Artificial Intelligence and loT for Societal Application in
- Rural Development
- Disaster Management
- Hybrid Solar PV Technologies with Wind Generators
- Robotics for Societal Application
- Agricultural Tools and Agriculture Produce
- Nutritional Supplements and Value Added Food Products for Human and Animals
- Plant Based Health Products
- Scientific Validation and Upscaling of Traditional Knowledge Systems
- Cost Effective Health and Hygiene Aids
- Effective Indigenous Methods of Disease Identifications and Monitoring
- Natural Resource Based Livelihood Systems
- Income Augmenting Agricultural Practices
- Captive Cultivation & Breeding
- Environment Sustainability
- Additive Manufacturing
1. The applicant should possess at least Master’s degree in any S&T stream. Those having PhD will be given preference.
2. The candidate should be less than 35 years of age on the last date of submission of the application to DST.
However, age relaxation of 5 years would be given to Women and Differently-abled (Divyangjan) applicants and those belonging to SC/ST/OBC category.
3 The applicant not in regular position should align himself or herself with an Academic Institution of repute, S&T based agencies including reputed Voluntary Organization with minimum 5 years in existence for implementation of S&T based projects.
These organizations must agree to facilitate smooth execution of the project and provide necessary infrastructure/ facilities for this purpose.
Mentor should be at Permanent/Regular position. Co-PI should be below 45 years of Age.
Job/Position Description- Applicants are required to submit three copies of the full proposal in the prescribed format at the address given below (mentioning the TPN No), along with a soft copy uploaded to http://onlinedst.gov.in before or on 20 April 2019. Project tenure proposed should not be more than three years. Formats for application can be downloaded from the DST website www.dst.gov.in and www.scienceandsociety-dst.org
1. Organizations/Principal Investigator whose project proposal was not recommended by DST under the previous calls under SYST need not submit the same proposal again.
3. DST will not entertain Basic Research Proposal and incomplete applications.
2. Candidates are requested to submit single proposal only.
3. Organizations/Institutions/Universities are requested not to submit more than 3 proposals under the Call. They may evaluate the proposals internally and send the best proposal(s) to DST. DST will consider only first three proposals and the rest may be rejected.
How to Apply-
Applicants are required to submit three copies of the full proposal in the prescribed format at the address given below (mentioning the TPN No), along with a soft copy uploaded to http://onlinedst.gov.in before or on 20 April 2019.
Project tenure proposed should not be more than three years. Formats for application can be downloaded from the DST website www.dst.gov.in and www.scienceandsociety-dst.org
Officer-in-charge may be contacted for any questions/queries relating to submission of proposal under this Call. A Screening Committee constituted by DST will screen the proposals received and only the selected candidates may be called for presentation before an Expert Committee.
For Contact- Officer-in-charge
Dr Rashmi Sharma Scientist ‘E’ Science for Equity, Empowerment & Development (SEED)
Division, Department of Science & Technology, Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016 (E-mail: [email protected] & Phone: +91-11-26590541)
Last Date for Apply– 20 April 2019