Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship 2020 in Ghent University, Belgium
Designation/Position- Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship 2020
Ghent University, Belgium invites application for Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship from eligible and interested candidates
About- Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research within a wide range of scientific domains. Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship 2020
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- Ghent University, Belgium
Candidates for a BOF-Postdoctoral Fellowship are automatically recruited from the pool of applicants for a Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship or a Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) when the following conditions are met:
- candidates must be eligible to submit a new application for a Junior or Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship at the FWO Flanders in a next application round;
- Note that candidates for a Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship who can no longer apply for a junior-fellowship in a next application round, but who can apply for a senior fellowship , are still eligible for a BOF-Postdoctoral Fellowship.
For junior candidates and senior candidates who currently are not holding a postdoctoral fellowship of the FWO, the BOF selection will be limited to those candidates that are preselected by the FWO for the second application round (with interview). Applicants who are not preselected by the FWO will no longer be taken into account for a BOF fellowship.
- Exception: For candidates of a Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship who are currently holding an FWO-postdoctoral fellowship and are applying for a prolongation of their FWO postdoctoral fellowship the rule mentioned above does not apply: in this category all applications that are not selected by the FWO will be evaluated with the possibility of receiving a BOF fellowship.
- Candidates can obtain a BOF Postdoctoral Fellowship only once in their career, either after applying for an FWO Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship, or after applying for an FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship. If a candidate has obtained a BOF Postdoctoral Fellowship after applying for an FWO Junior Postdoctoral Fellowship, this candidate can no longer obtain a BOF Postdoctoral Fellowship after applying for an FWO Senior Postdoctoral Fellowship.Reapplying at the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO)
The fellowship consists of a monthly allowance, depending on a.o. the researcher’s academic experience and his/her family situation.
The researcher also receives a bench fee of €3.500/year.
These positions start on 1 October 2020 at the earliest and last for a period of maximum 3 years.
How to Apply-
- Candidates who want to apply for a Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship at the FWO (Research Foundation Flanders), first need to find a professor from Ghent University who is willing to act as the supervisor (promoter) of the postdoctoral research. The best way to do this is to browse the faculties of Ghent University
- The application for a Junior/ Senior Postdoctoral Scholarship at the FWO will be used for the BOF selection. This means there is no separate application form or deadline. In case the application at the Research Foundation Flanders (FWO) is not rewarded, a copy of the application will automatically be sent to the administration of the Special Research Fund (BOF)
Last Date for Apply– 02 December 2019