Research Associate Position in IISER Bhopal, India – Under DST project
Designation/Position- Research Associate Position in IISER
IISER Bhopal, India invites application for Research Associate Position in IISER from eligible and interested candidates
About- The vision of the Institute is to provide high quality education to undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral students. The Institute also aspires to contribute to the society through teaching and research to help achieve global sustainability. Further, the Institute aims to produce leaders in science and related disciplines. Research Associate Position in IISER
Research/Job Area- Atmospheric Science, Geophysics, Environmental Science, Physics, Mathematics or Chemical, Environmental, Computer and Civil Engineering or any disciplines related to Environmental Science
Location- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal, MP, India
1. A Ph.D. degree in Atmospheric Science, Geophysics, Environmental Science, Physics, Mathematics or Chemical, Environmental, Computer and Civil Engineering or any disciplines related to Environmental Science from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Good experience in the field of regional or global modelling of the climate or Earth system, preferably experience with limited-area climate models and their coupling with other earth system model components.
1. Familiarity with the analysis of data sets from climate models. Knowledge in appropriate programming languages such as FORTRAN, Python and R; shell scripting.
2. Working experience in Linux/Unix environments.
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, as well as a record of peer reviewed publications in order to demonstrate the skill to publish the work in scientific journals.
4. Handling of a large volume of data and conversant with data format like NetCDF, HDF, GRIB etc. Ability to work in groups.
Age Limit: Preferably applicant should have not completed 32 years of age at the time of application. It may be relaxed for a candidate with exceptional abilities
Job/Position Description- Applications are invited from Indian nationals to work as Research Associate in research projects entitled “Impact of Climate Change on South Asia Extremes: A high-resolution regional Earth System Model assessment” International project jointly awarded by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and Russian Science Foundation, Russia.
Duration: One year, extendable up to the duration of the project subject to satisfactory performance.
Salary: 47,000/- + 16% H.R.A. (Total monthly salary is 54,520/-)
Accommodation: Suitable residential accommodation as per Institute rules shall be provided on the Campus on joining the Institute (this is subject to availability). In the case of non-availability of residential accommodation, HRA @ 16% shall be admissible.
How to Apply- The application containing a cover letter, detailed CV with recent photograph and name of two referees in a single pdf file in the prescribed format should reach on and before 5 th January 2020, by email only (E-mail: [email protected]).
Last Date for Apply– 5 January 2020