Postdoc Position in Australia 2020 – McKenzie Fellowships Program
Designation/Position- Postdoc Position in Australia 2020
University of Melbourne, Australia invites application for Postdoc Position in Australia 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- The McKenzie Postdoctoral Fellowships Program has been established to attract outstanding recent doctoral graduates to the University from around the world. The Program aims to recruit new researchers who have the potential to build and lead interdisciplinary collaborative research activities inside and across Academic Divisions. The University offers a leading and lively research environment that is internationally engaged, public-spirited, and has many outstanding areas of research strength.
Research/Job Area- Areas of research priority for the University
Location- University of Melbourne, Australia
Applicants must have been awarded a PhD from a university other than the University of Melbourne by the closing date. The PhD must have been awarded between 1 January 2018 and 16 July 2020.
At the time of application, applicants must not have held, or be holding, a fixed-term or continuing academic appointment at the University of Melbourne that is greater than one year. Where applicants have held multiple back-to-back fixed-term appointments, these should not be more than one year in total.
- Applicants may be drawn from any field in which the University has research strength, and must have an ability to contribute to research collaborations and programs across faculties or disciplines
- Applicants will be required to provide a declaration of support from the department/school in which they would be located if successful, but the criteria for selection will be university-based
- Assessment will take account of achievement relative to opportunity.
Eligibility Exemptions may be available for some applicants.
- The University will fund the Fellowships for a three year appointment commencing at Level A.6 in the University salary band plus superannuation.
- Fellows will receive an additional $25,000 to be spent on project costs over the term of their Fellowship.
- Awards will be for a maximum of three years commencing between 1 January 2021 and 30 June 2021.
- The objectives of the 2021 Program are to attract talented recent doctoral graduates in areas of research priority for the University.
- All applicants should promote research that aligns with the Research at Melbourne initiative.
- The Program is highly competitive, with only ten McKenzie Fellowships and one Indigenous McKenzie Fellowship available each year.
How to Apply-
- Review faculty/school processes
|Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning||[email protected]||TBA||TBA|
|Faculty of Arts||Jacqui Randall,[email protected]||8344 9284||Submit your EOI at this webpage by 5pm (AEST), Thursday 21 May 2020.|
|Faculty of Business and Economics||John-Paul Hougaz, [email protected]||8344 0192||Submit your EOI at this webpage by 3pm (AEST), Thursday 21 May 2020.|
|Faculty of Fine Arts and Music||Adelene Auyong, [email protected]||9035 7362||Submit your EOI via this webpage by no later than 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 14 June 2020|
|Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences||Nikki Fisher, [email protected]||8344 6330||Please complete the EOI and HoD endorsement by 3pm Monday 25 May 2020.|
|Faculty of Science||[email protected]||TBA||TBA|
|Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences||[email protected]||TBA||TBA|
|Melbourne Graduate School of Education||[email protected]||8344 8236||Submit your MGSE McKenzie EOI here by no later than 5pm AEST, Thursday 21 May 2020.|
|Melbourne Law School||Mas Generis,[email protected]||8344 9983||Submit your EOI at this webpage on or before Thursday 21 May 2020.|
|Melbourne School of Engineering||[email protected]||TBA||TBA|
- Academic contact – Make sure you have an academic contact within your proposed host Faculty/School who is willing to support your application. Your proposed host Faculty/School can advise you as to how best to get in touch with an appropriate academic contact.
- Review the funding guidelines- Read the McKenzie Fellowship guidelines.
- Complete the eligibility exemption request form- If applicable, complete the eligibility exemption request form on SmartyGrants by 21 May 2020.Please note: Not all applicants are required to submit an EER. This is only applicable if you do not meet all the eligibility criteria in the Funding Guidelines. Eligible applicants may submit an application without submitting this form.
- Complete the application form– Complete the application form and obtain the relevant signatures for submission.
- Submit the application– Submit your application via SmartyGrants by 3pm (AEST) 16 July 2020.
- Submit written testimonials– Request your referees submit their written testimonials via email to [email protected] by 16 July 2020.
For Contact- [email protected]